Monday 21 February 2011

The donation

This evening I went to Trader's Joe for the second time today. Before I shopped at Trader's Joe, I went down stairs of Village Square to use the bathroom. After I got out of the bathroom, I was stopped by a boy aged around high school. He was talking to me a memorized sales talk in a triple speed and gave me a card. I was hardly catching the words he was saying but he was simply asking me for the 20 dollars of donation for a organization I had never heard of. I suppose the organization can be fake for the high chance because of the cheep looking card which does not contain any valuable information,however, it said 'Nevada'. the poor looking boy came all the way down from Nevada to ask people some money. Well, I would say 20 is too much. If it is a dollar, maybe I'm o.K. to contribute to his financial situation but 20 is way too much.
The core part of this happening was at the interaction between me and the guy. He offered me with a tax incentive of such; if I gave 30 instead of 20, he would write me a recite for tax deduction. Then I told him that I do not pay taxes because I am a student and neither my parents because they live in Australia.
Then, he was quite surprised assuming from the reaction and; somehow asked me a question of who were the foundations of Australia. I gave him the right answer 'prisoners'. Then he said 'that's right, you are so smart' and that was it. I told him 20 is just too much. I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment